Digital Identities Through Avatars with Cai Felip - Step into the Metaverse podcast: EP14
In this episode of the Step into the Metaverse Podcast, I interviewed Cai Felip, the Founder and CEO of Union Avatars, a company blurring the lines between the virtual world and reality. Union leads the production of realistic 3D avatars for virtual worlds. Their mission is to help the future of virtual identity in the metaverse. They provide avatar solutions so you can realistically represent yourself in video games, social media, virtual reality worlds, or gamification.
Cai and I will talk about all things avatars, digital identities and online reputation. We’ll also dive into the threat of imposed avatars and how brands should approach Gen Zs and Gen Alphas, also known as the “Metaverse Natives”. It’s going to be a super interesting conversation, so don’t miss it.
- [01:18] - Linking Realities: Offering tools that enable companies and users to create their unique avatars.
- [02:35] - The internet’s exponential growth.
- [04:36] - Organizing identity and repetition in the metaverse.
- [08:11] - Keys characteristics an avatar has to comply with.
- [10:46] - Being involved in digital fashion design.
- [12:09] - Preventing the creation of “deep fakes” of avatars.
- [13:30] - Revolutionizing the retail industry with direct-to-avatar.
- [15:05] - How brands can successfully venture into the metaverse.
- [18:19] - The next big challenge in creating the metaverse.
“Interoperability is what is gonna create the metaverse itself” - Cai Felip
“Identity is really important but it doesn't have to be tied to your real identity” - Cai Felip
Learn More About Cai Felip in the Link Below:
If you are interested in learning more about the metaverse, you can order my book Step into the Metaverse here.