Experiencing the Real and the Digital with Christiaan Eisberg - Step into the Metaverse Podcast: EP06
In this episode of the Step into the Metaverse Podcast, I had a chat with Christiaan Eisberg, the Founder and CEO of Straight Fire, a Web3 start-up bridging the real world with the metaverse, through building the first NFT Social dApp and unique NFT collections. He is a metaverse explorer, serial entrepreneur, and experienced operational and commercial executive, specialising in brand building, client management, digital commerce, and organisational transformation.
He has a 20-year background in Fortune 500 companies and start-ups, in heavy industries and consumer brands, in the West and the East. After various executive roles in BP, he co-founded and grew menswear brand Martyn Bal into an international success, served as CEO of celebrity- favourite handbag brand Meli Melo and co-founded European fashionTech platform “A lovely thing”.
Subsequently, Christiaan co-founded FIVE group, a Sino-European advisory firm, he is the mentor of various start-ups and a frequent speaker on branding, digital commerce and NFTs. Now he and his team are shaping the future of NFTs and building an essential part of the NFT infrastructure through Straight Fire.
Christiaan and I had a fascinating conversation about all things NFTs, the rise of iCommerce, how brands can build loyalty within the metaverse, the use of IP and copyright with NFTs, and so much more. Stay tuned and enjoy!
- [01:08] - Building an NFT Social dApp to bridge a huge gap.
- [05:56] - Enabling humanity to experience the real and the digital.
- [09:42] - How brands can become successful in iCommerce.
- [14:40] - Inclusivity in the metaverse.
- [20:36] - Ways for brands to build brand loyalty in the metaverse.
- [25:18] - Role of NFTs in the fundamental design of the metaverse.
- [30:49] - Tackling the issue of IP and copyright with NFTs.
- [36:14] - Portraying Identity: Digital fashion’s role in the metaverse.
- [43:45] - What Direct-to-Avatar will look like.
- [47:48] - A decentralized and creator driven metaverse economy.
- [51:42] - New business models we can expect to see in the metaverse.
“The metaverse is a continuously changing decentralized and creator driven eco-system without physical and space-time limitations, where humanity and technology co-exist in a balanced symbiotic relationship enabling humanity to experience the real and the digital” - Christiaan Eisberg
“The metaverse should be a place where humanity and technology co-exist and have a symbiotic relationship” - Christiaan Eisberg
“If we describe the metaverse as the next step of the internet, it becomes less scary and more approachable for people that don’t really know that much about the metaverse” - Christiaan Eisberg
“As long as the metaverse is a decentralized and creator-driven place, it will automatically be rich and diverse” - Christiaan Eisberg
“Now you are able to officially own something that is digital where before you would have the same digital thing but couldn’t own it because there was no way to prove ownership” - Christiaan Eisberg
“The retail industry will have virtual departments and physical departments just as they now have digital departments” - Christiaan Eisberg
Learn More About Christiaan Eisberg in the Links Below:
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/christiaan-eisberg-4a94aa/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/christiaaneisb1
- Website - www.straightfire.space
- WeChat ID - christiaaneisberg
If you are interested in learning more about the metaverse, you can order my book Step into the Metaverse here.