A Journey into Metaverse Virtual Real Estate with Jason Cassidy - Step into the Metaverse podcast: EP15
In this episode of the Step into the Metaverse Podcast, I chatted with Jason Cassidy, the Co-Founder of the Metaverse Group, the first virtual real estate company in the world offering exposure to the industry of virtual land via the metaverse. They facilitate virtual real estate buying, selling, renting, and investing. Jason founded Non-Fungible, an NFT luxury art curator and NFT artist incubator. He is also the Co-Founder of Not Fungible, Co-Founder of Digitible, and Owner and CEO of Game Credits.
He has over twenty years of financial and technical experience, including seven years managing various software technologies at BlackBerry. From working in concert with numerous Fortune 500 companies and governmental bodies to travelling the world to gain a global perspective, he has an eclectic background that spans the gamut.
Tune in as Jason, and I discuss the pros and cons of real estate in the metaverse. That will be especially interesting because our chat took place just a few days after the Metaverse Group had purchased 160 parcels of land in Decentraland for what was then $2.4 Million. We will also cover the role of NFTs for the next iteration of the internet and much more.
- [01:17] - How he got into the crypto and metaverse space.
- [04:39] - Setting the world record for the largest purchase of metaverse real estate.
- [06:12] - Why there is no definition for the metaverse and why the social aspect of it is so critical.
- [09:32] - Navigating real estate development and investing in the metaverse.
- [11:31] - Understanding the mechanics of virtual land.
- [14:08] - The next 10 years for NFTs.
- [16:06] - Aspects of life that are going to be changed by the metaverse.
- [20:00] - Dangers that we must hedge the metaverse from.
- [22:16] - Upcoming metaverse spaces to watch out for.
- [25:56] - Travelling from one metaverse to another seamlessly.
- [28:51] - The role DAOs will play in the metaverse and how brands can step into the metaverse.
- [33:03] - Taking the opportunity to invest in the metaverse.
“The metaverse is a shared virtual experience” - Jason Cassidy
“When we talk about buying virtual real estate, you’re really buying a non-fungible token” - Jason Cassidy
“Because you have the creative aspect in the NFT space that you don’t have in the fungible world, the NFT space will eventually surpass the fungible space in market cap” - “Fungibility speaks to the likeness or sameness” - Jason Cassidy
“NFTs represent value in the metaverse, and they represent unique properties in the metaverse” - Jason Cassidy
“The positive outcome of the metaverse is that it connects people in ways that blockchain hasn’t been able to do yet, and certainly no other technology has been able to do” - Jason Cassidy
“It’s a gold rush, or a land rush, or both, in the metaverse” - Jason Cassidy
Learn More About Jason Cassidy in the Links Below:
If you are interested in learning more about the metaverse, you can order my book Step into the Metaverse here.