The Possibilities of a Human-centric Metaverse with Jimi Daodu – Step into the Metaverse Podcast: EP09
In this episode of the Step into the Metaverse Podcast, I interviewed Jimi Daodu, the founder of Vault Hill, an extended reality (XR) blockchain-based metaverse designed to make you feel more you. Jimi has a strong focus on the open metaverse and is passionate about building a human-centric metaverse. Prior to Vault Hill, he ran a number of successful transformation and digital change programs, including a divestment between Barclays Bank Plc and Absa.
Jimi will graciously share his wealth of expertise around the open metaverse, the importance of blockchain for the immersive internet, self-sovereign identities, the importance of data ownership, and what role decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) will play in the metaverse. This is one episode you will not want to miss. Enjoy!
- [01:15] - How his company is bringing real-life experiences into the metaverse.
- [05:09] - Launching their NFT marketplace and virtual land public sale.
- [06:58] - Core characteristics of the metaverse beyond being decentralized.
- [08:01] - Mistakes we made in Web 2.0 that we should avoid when building Web 3.0.
- [10:21] - The importance of self-sovereign identity (SSI) for the metaverse.
- [15:27] - Safeguarding repetition through DAOs.
- [19:38] - Vault Hill City’s business models and the metaverse spaces they’re competing with.
- [24:36] - How decentralised computing, storage and bandwidth will affect the metaverse.
“A metaverse should have the ability to be immersive and have the functionality of being decentralized” - Jimi Daodu
“If I have an avatar with a digital Rolex or Nike wearable, I shouldn’t just be limited in the virtual world of Vaulthill. I should be able to go to SandBox with that. I should be able to go to Decentraland with that and still look cool” - Jimi Daodu
“We need to look at how to use DAOs as governance mechanisms around compliance, security, and safety” - Jimi Daodu
“Just like how we’re thinking of innovating, cyber criminals are thinking of malicious ways of counter-innovating” - Jimi Daodu
“I think the important thing to highlight is how you look at spinning up funds around research and development to future proof the metaverse space” - Jimi Daodu
Learn More About Jimi Daodu in the Links Below:
If you are interested in learning more about the metaverse, you can order my book Step into the Metaverse here.