Preparing for the Metaverse Way of Doing Business with David Francis - Step into the Metaverse Podcast: EP07
In this episode of the Step into the Metaverse Podcast, I had a chat with David Francis.
David is a creative technologist and strategy specialist in the complexities of working with augmented, assisted, virtual reality, IoT, and AI. He’s heavily involved in extending AR and VR into the industrial world, introducing various advanced wearable solutions that facilitate industrial 4.0 and the industrial internet of things plus AI. He has conceived, produced and launched AR and VR for many of the world’s biggest brands for more than a decade.
During the interview, we discuss the technical challenges of building the metaverse, how big the metaverse will be, how important the metaverse will be for the enterprise, and the various new jobs the metaverse will create.
- [01:27] - Building up his unmatched practical experience in how to manifest the metaverse.
- [06:38] - Main technical challenges that are faced in the endeavor to build the metaverse.
- [09:40] - AR Versus VR: Highlighting its important for the metaverse.
- [16:37] - The enterprise metaverse as the new way of business.
- [21:45] - Jobs that we will see in the metaverse in the next decade and beyond.
- [25:24] - Redistribution of wealth and being our true selves in the metaverse.
“This industry (metaverse) is absolutely taking off like noone’s business right now” - David Francis
“Whoever wins the wearables race and the localization race is going to win all in the metaverse” - David Francis
“VR is so much more accessible today and so much easier to build for today” - David Francis
“For the enterprise, the metaverse is critical” - David Francis
“Avatars will allow people to be their true selves in the metaverse and reveal a lot more talent and everything” - David Francis
Learn More About David Francis in the Links Below:
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/arstralian/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/ARstralian
If you are interested in learning more about the metaverse, you can order my book Step into the Metaverse here.