Using the Metaverse to Heal Others with Christian Ulstrup - Step into the Metaverse podcast: EP16
In this episode of the Step into the Metaverse Podcast, I interviewed Christian Ulstrup, the Co-Founder and CEO of Virgilis, which focuses on building bridges back to reality by helping parents and kids get control of family screen time. With his work, he aims to help psychiatrists understand virtual reality and coach them on how to use these digital tools for the benefit of patients.
During the interview, we discuss the mental health issues related to the metaverse and how it will change people’s behaviour. We covered how virtual reality can help people with mental issues and what ethical issues we can expect in the metaverse. Stay tuned for that and more!
- [01:12] - Running a company that facilitates medical development in virtual reality.
- [06:24] - Why people are more empathetic towards others in a spatial computing environment.
- [08:58] - Spatial computing + AR + VR + Blockchain = Metaverse.
- [09:45] - Behavior change made possible by the metaverse.
- [12:46] - How virtual reality can help people heal their minds.
- [16:15] - Revolutionizing coaching businesses through the metaverse.
- [19:01] - Health issues that may be brought about by the metaverse.
- [21:59] - Potential ethical challenges and dangers that the metaverse must be hedged from.
“Because of the metaverse, there’s gonna be an explosion in creativity unlike anything we’ve ever seen before” - Christian Ulstrup
“It’s not too far-fetched to argue that we’re kind of already in the metaverse” - Christian Ulstrup
“Pseudonimity becoming the default mode is worth more thinking and exploration” - Christian Ulstrup
Learn More About Christian Ulstrup in the Links Below:
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/christianulstrup/
- Twitter - https://mobile.twitter.com/curious_vii
If you are interested in learning more about the metaverse, you can order my book Step into the Metaverse here.