Why We Must Be More Human in the Metaverse with Vincent Hunt - Step into the Metaverse Podcast: EP11
In this episode of the Step into the Metaverse Podcast, I interviewed Vincent Hunt, the Founder of Better Design Co., a United States-based Cross Reality (XR) experience design company that specializes in the convergence of XD, Web3 and the Metaverse. He’s an American entrepreneur, multidisciplinary creative, investor and advisor with over two decades of experience in the digital domain. His work weaves experience in design, Web3 and the rapidly emerging ideas, concepts and technologies collectively known as the metaverse to deliver moments of truth across multiple realities for visionary brands.
Vincent envisions a future where brands and the experiences they deliver will live across multiple realities blurring the line between the physical and the virtual world. During the interview, we discussed how companies can build loyalty with Commerce, and the steps brands need to take if they want to enter the metaverse. We also covered how the metaverse will change education or marketing, and how the metaverse will change the future of work. Stay tuned for more!
- [01:26] - His incredible career in the digital space and how it morphed into the metaverse.
- [03:46] - The next evolutionary step of the web.
- [06:30] - How organizations (Brands included) can benefit from the metaverse.
- [10:03] - Tapping into the potential widespread adoption of the metaverse among Gen Zs and Alphas.
- [10:54] - Some of the ways the metaverse will transform education and marketing.
- [16:17] - Taking your asset from one platform to another: Is it possible?
- [18:06] - Metaverse Use Cases 101 for creatives.
- [21:28] - Heading into the biggest shift in the future of work.
- [25:16] - Potential metaverse dangers that should be addressed.
“The metaverse is the next evolutionary step of the web as we know it” - Vincent Hunt
“The metaverse is persistent, and it’s all things. It’s not one thing” - Vincent Hunt
“As an experienced designer, what greater experience could you create than the preservation of ideas and life that are embodied inside of people through the metaverse” - Vincent Hunt
“Brands are gonna have to do weird stuff like create games. It’s gonna be an interesting thing moving forward because the way they connect and interact with people is gonna be fundamentally different moving forward” - Vincent Hunt
“The technology and the timing are right for education to really start re-thinking itself” - Vincent Hunt
“If you don't have good emotional intelligence moving into the metaverse, you’re jacked” - Vincent Hunt
“We are in the dawn of the imagination age” - Vincent Hunt
Learn More About Vincent Hunt in the Links Below:
If you are interested in learning more about the metaverse, you can order my book Step into the Metaverse here.